Thursday, April 11, 2013

how to pack for the field...I hope

I'm making lists and I'm checking them twice. I'm hoping I haven't forgotten anything crucial. Having done this once before, though for a much shorter period, I have some experience in what I absolutely don't want to forget. The most important thing to remember is that the rain forest is WET.

The essentials are as follows:

Plastic garbage and Ziploc bags, a compass, a watch, insect repellent, anti-itch cream, vaseline, baby powder, a mosquito net, ex-officio quick dry underwear, wool socks, hiking and/or rubber boots, breathable hiking pants, loose, thin button up shirts, a quick drying towel, a dry bag, waterproof binoculars, contacts, a poncho, anti-diarrheal medicine, tums, pepto, a flashlight, write in the rain notebooks and pens, and PLENTY of good books to read.

Hopefully all that (and more) fits in a reasonably small bag... We'll see, I haven't gotten that far yet. 
Tori is trying to avoid being left behind.

...almost all packed, time to go!!




No comments:

Post a Comment