Thursday, April 18, 2013

Welcome to Khao Yai!

I arrived in Pak Chong Wednesday afternoon. After a quick trip to the supermarket to buy food that could be prepared using only a rice cooker and boiling water, Julie and I headed into Khao Yai. As I was settling into my new accommodations this guy (or girl) paid us a visit:


After I'd sort of settled in Julie and I drove down to the part of the park where tourists go and had some dinner at one of the "restaurants". I had Pad Thai again, not as good as the street cart (which didn't make me sick!!). In the river outside the restaurant we saw a monitor lizard swimming:


After dinner I finished unpacking some of my stuff (but not all as this housing may only be temporary) and went to bed earlyyyy so I could be up my 5:30am to get ready for the field...


No comments:

Post a Comment